• Provide advice and guidance to the operations manager for all aspects of quality management processes
• Ratify the information provided by the members of the team
• Supervise the implementation of the activities on a daily basis
• Ensuring completion of the daily, weekly and monthly documentation
• Ensure that all documentation requirements are verified and processed before being placed in project data and within specific dates
• Testing, inspection and maintenance operations of all tasks
• Ensure full compliance with safety procedures
• Ensure that there is a medical evacuation plan and carry out an evacuation drill at least once a month.
• Oversee the implementation of the SOP’s
• When requested, act as the Investigating Officer for Detailed Independent Investigations or Boards of Inquiry for Mine/UXO Accidents or incidents
• Debrief the clearance teams on QA achievements and QA assessments and ensure that all QA assessment is reported
• Provide guidance on any specific corrective actions to be taken by clearance teams, following an inspection, which finds a critical non-conformity
• Ensure that the QA management system is being applied in a fair and equitable manner, and that accreditation, licensing and monitoring does not interrupt or delay clearance projects
• Conduct routine on-site QA of clearance teams
• Understand the International Mine Action Standards (IMAS)
• Work within the framework of AMACC core values.
• Act as an ambassador for AMACC, through professionalism and conduct.
• Adhere to all AMACC policies and procedures both Technical and Administrational.
Undertake and apply learning from appropriate training and development programmes
- Bachelor degree in management or humanitarian sciences
- At least 5 years of experience in mine action
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to work effectively across a wide variety of cultural contexts
- Extensive field experience and an in–depth knowledge of refugee’s assistance issues
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage efficiently multiple priorities, deadlines and tasks with attention to details
- Effective team player, able to develop and maintain effective working relationships within a distributed and dynamic team
- Fluent spoken and written Arabic and English languages.
- Flexible, creative and problem solving-oriented
- Ability to work under high pressure
- Competence with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Sunday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Applications are valid until 12 December 2017